Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/balkanfilmmarket/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/embedded/includes/wpml.php on line 650
Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /home/balkanfilmmarket/public_html/wp-content/plugins/types/vendor/toolset/types/embedded/includes/wpml.php on line 667 Post-BFM 2018 – BALKAN FILM MARKET
BALKAN FILM MARKET 2018 was attended by more than 240 representatives from 28 institutions and film industry from 25 countries, gathered in Tirana 3-7 October at Plaza Hotel, for the second edition of the Balkan Film Market.
Fostered under the patronage of Eurimages, BFM 2018 hosted the heads and representatives of the following institutions.
* Ministry of Culture
* National Center of Cinematography
* Tirana Municipality
* Media Desk Albania
* National Agency of Protected Areas
* SEE Cinema Network
* European Film Promotion – Producers on the Move
* Film Centre of Montenegro
* Kosova Cinematography Center
* Croatian Audiovisual Centre
* Cyprus Ministry of Education and Culture
* Greek Film Centre
* Romanian Film Centre
* Macedonian Film Agency
* Media Desk, Serbia
* Media Desk, Montenegro
* Thessaloniki Film Festival–Greece
* DocuFest – Kosovo, Eroll Bilibani
* Otranto Film Fund Festival, Stefania Rocca
* MakeDox Film Festival – Macedonia
* Free Zone Film Festival – Italy
* La Guarimba International Film Festival – Italy
* Matera2019, European Capital of Culture and Rete Cinema Basilicata
* Beldox- Serbia
* FMC- Film Music Contest – Slovakia
* L’Ambasciatore Italiano SE Alberto Cutillo
* MIBAC (Italian Ministry of Culture), Maria Giuseppina Troccoli (head of Production, Distribution, Operations and Technical Industries of the General Direction for Cinema of MiBAC (Ministry of Heritage, Culture)
* A.N.I.C.A., Roberto Stabile, Head of International Relations of ANICA (Italian Film Audiovisual And Multimedia Industries Association) and in ITA (Italian Trade Agency)
* Roma Lazio Film Commission, Luciano Sovena, President of the Roma Lazio Film Commission
* Apulia Film Commission
* FVG Film Commission, Direttore Paolo Vidali
* Media Desk, Bari, Italy
* Istituto Di Cultura – Tirana, Direttore Alessandra Bertini
* AICS (Italian Agency for Cooperation and Development), Rappresentante della Cooperazione Italiana nei Balcani Occidentali, Nino Merola, Ernesto Spinelli, Communication Officer
* Italian Trade Agency – ICE, Elisa Scelsa, Director Ljubljana and Tirana Offices
* Il Presidente della Fondazione Matera 2019, Salvatore Adduce, (Capitale Europea della Cultura 2019)
* Antonello Faretta, Presidente di Rete Cinema Basilicata.
* Oscar Iarussi, Head of the “Gazzetta del Mezzogiorno”, member of the Venice International Film Festival expert committee.
* Giornalista Luigi Di Lauro (RAI)
SEE CINEMA NETWORK General Assembly
The SEE Cinema Network held its 2018 GA on October 4th during the Balkan Film Market. 15 projects applying from 8 countries were discussed and voted. A total of 8 projects was awarded the development support of the Network for the year 2018. Amount awarded for each project 8.000 euro.
BALKAN CO-PRODUCTION DAY with Roma Lazio Film Commission
One-on-one network meetings of projects and producers interested in co-producing with Roma-Lazio Film Commission were held on Oct 6th.
PITCH – ALBANIAN MINORITY CO-PRODUCTION Projects that had applied for minority co-production funding at the Albanian National Center of Cinematography presented on Oct 4th in front of ANCC Selection Committee, which deliberated and decided to grant support to the following 6 projects.
PITCH BALKAN 15 selected projected from 9 countries presented their projects on October 5th in front of all atendees, who singned up for the later one to one meetings and voted on the best pitch The applicants were trained for 2 days by pitch coach Agathe Berman.
50/50 BY 2020 ALBANIA
The state of gender equality for Albanian women working in the audio-visual industry. Announcing the creation of AWA – Albanian Women in Audiovisual.
3 Info Sessions moderated by Media Program and Creative Europe experts on October 3rd offered a better insight on the schemes that support: Film Development / Film Festivals / Film Education and Distribution.
CINEMA AND NATURE – Filming the Albanian Protected Areas
COPRODUCING WITH ITALY New Italian Cinema Legislation and its Impact on Co-Production.
SHOOTING LOCALLY, AIMING GLOBALLY Local production and the international audience and festivals.
INTERNATIONAL FILM SALES and BALKAN PRODUCTIONS
AUSTRIA, A NATURAL CO-PRODUCING PARTNER IN THE BALKANS
Script Development Workshop for 15 selected features and 5 shorts
Mentors: Andrea Magnani / Dimitris Emmanouilides / Michael Seeber / Andreea Vălean
AUDIENCE DEVELOPMENT FOR CULTURAL AND CREATIVE INDUSTRY ORGANIZATIONS